What is Digital Transformation Management?
In an increasingly digital world, it is important for companies, large or small, to catch up and innovate to remain competitive. This digital transformation is broadly defined as the integration of digital technology across all business domains, resulting in fundamental changes to the way a business operates and how it delivers value to its customers.
The process of managing this digital transformation is a change in corporate culture that requires companies to constantly question their status quo, experiment and be comfortable with failure, all with one goal in mind: to become a better company than they were yesterday. In a broader sense, Digital Transformation Management refers to the strategies, planning and coordination of all digital transformation processes aimed at this goal.
What does a Digital Transformation expert do?
Digital Transformation Management is the link between the fields of business and digitalisation. Professionals with this specialisation are able to program and are very adept with data. The difference with a developer or data scientist is that Digital Transformation Managers are also able to link the skills to facets of business and improve them, such as business strategies and models, operations and information management, finance and accounting.
Some examples of their work activities are:
- Collect, analyse and visualise data, and turn it into insights that help a company’s board of directors base their strategy on actionable information.
- Leading a team of developers and data scientists, and managing the company’s business intelligence systems.
- Identifying and implementing digital business processes that improve the customer experience, reduce friction, increase productivity or enhance a company’s profitability.
What can I do with a Digital Transformation Management degree (career paths)?
Throughout the world, in the private and public sectors and at non-profit organisations, there is a rapidly growing demand for programmes that combine the fields of business and digitalisation. Yet, a few universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands or abroad have a programme that prepares you to become the connector between these fields.
A degree in Digital Transformation management prepares you for the following labour market positions:
- Project manager in the field of design and management of innovative ICT and data solutions and related digital transformation processes
- Process manager of more complex digital transformation processes
- Product owner in technology-based companies
- Independent expert / advisor in the field of ICT, data solutions or digital transformation management
- Entrepreneur in ICT, data management or digital transformation processes
Why Study Digital Transformation Management at Haarlem Campus?
A Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Digital Transformation Management at Haarlem campus will learn you to apply business-oriented ICT solutions using the latest tools and methods for data collection, analysis and visualisation. These competences are combined with strong entrepreneurial, personal and intercultural competences to enable you to lead innovative and ethical digital businesses and projects.
The programme includes business-related modules such as business strategies, management, business informatics and data science:
- In business, students will gain insight into traditional and digital business-related topics, including business strategies and models, operations and information management, human resources management, marketing, finance and accounting.
- They will also acquire competencies in management, leadership and change management that will prepare them to contribute to the required change processes in companies and organisations.
- Students will acquire knowledge in the area of business information technology and learn how to identify and manage ICT solutions. This aspect includes business information systems, software development, information management, IT management and governance, geographical information systems and global ICT & ethics.
- In the area of data science, students will become familiar with data analytics and visualisation, open and big data, business and artificial intelligence & tech ethics and Cybersecurity & ethics.
Download our brochure
Our brochure contains all key information regarding our programs, our campus, living and studying in the Netherlands as well as the student accommodation on campus. Please fill in the form below.