Most students who live outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland need a visa and/or residence permit to study in the Netherlands.
Haarlem Campus will start the application process for you once you are enrolled in one of our programmes and it usually takes about four to six weeks.
Do you need a visa or residence permit for your stay in the Netherlands? In the table below you can find out whether you need a visa and/or residence permit for your studies at Haarlem Campus.
1. Get admitted to a full-time study programme at Haarlem Campus
2. Proceed with the payment of your tuition as well as visa fee (450€) via flywire or other payment options and send us the confirmation/proof
3. Demonstrate sufficiency of funds for your first year of study (see more information below)
4. Send us the required documents for your visa application (find the list of required documents below)
5. We will check all the documents and in order then forward your application to the Dutch Immigration Department (IND).
6. The application will be reviewed and – if approved – sent to the desired embassy address within 6 weeks from the day of request.
What are the financial requirements?
When applying for a student visa/residence permit you will be asked to:
The list of documents needed to apply for the visa are:
*If your tuition fees are being paid by someone other than yourself (not family).
Sponsors are usually an employer, government body, charity or non-governmental organisation (NGO), not a relative who’s paying your costs (unless they are paying through their business).
The deadline for submitting your visa and/or residence permit application to Haarlem Campus is:
*please do not hesitate to even apply on the last day of September/January. We will give you the opportunity to start your studies online and to join us on campus once your visa has been approved.
Thank you for your interest in one of our programs. I’m happy to go over the application process with you and share more about studying in Haarlem and the Netherlands in general.
If you need to reschedule your call, please use the link that you have received in the confirmation email
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Our brochure contians all key information regarding our programs, our campus, living and studying in the Netherlands as well as the student accommodation on campus. Please fill in the form below.